COVID19 HEALTH & SAFETY MEASURES BY MARTINEZ TAX OFFICE
Please be advised that for the safety and concern of our staff and clients, we will only be taking phone appointments. If you had a previously scheduled appointment and received a cancellation text, please know that if you follow these steps your taxes will be prepared in order of your appointment date / time to the best of our ability.
Option 1 / Email:
1. Email your tax documents (w-2s, 1099s, 1098 Ts, write-offs, mortgage interest docs, etc.) to email@example.com.
2. In the Subject Line please include: Name / Tax Year / Phone Apt Request
3. In the body of the email, please include your tax preparer's name (if you know it. if not, we will look it up) a phone number and a preferred call time.
Option 2 / Drop Off:
1. Put your your tax docs in an envelope and drop off in door slot of our office (w-2s, 1099s, 1098 Ts, write-offs, mortgage interest docs, etc.) Please note we do have staff working regular hours and a security system, and we will be collecting drop offs all day between 8AM and 8PM.
2. Include a note with your Name / Tax Year
3. In the body of the note, please include your tax preparer's name (if you know it. if not, we will look it up) a phone number and a preferred call time.
We will be monitoring public safety instructions and will respond accordingly. Thank you for your patience during this time!
Please feel free to call with any questions 818-894-8900
Corona Virus Tax Relief Info (IRS Website Link)
WHERE'S MY STIMULUS
Roughly 80 percent of taxpayers have given their bank account information to the IRS. For those who do not have their banking information on file with the IRS, the IRS created a web portal where people can submit their banking information so the money can be deposited into their bank account.
"If we have your information, you'll get it within two weeks," Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said last week. "Social Security, you'll get it very quickly after that. If we don't have your information, you'll have a simple web portal, we'll upload it. If we don't have that, we'll send you checks in the mail."
More information on the Economic Impact Payment.